About to exit sandwich shop. See woman with walker on sidewalk. She is accompanied by maybe her daughter.
Crutches under my arms, I try to get to the door to hold it open.
The daughter gets to the door before me and holds it open instead.
I wait and ask, “You coming in?”
‘Oh, no. We’re just passing by. Thought you could use a hand.’
Smiles all around.
Yesterday: Just because I can do it myself…
- The Air Guitar Incident: Part 1
- The Air Guitar Incident: Part 2
- “What happened?”
- Crutch guitar!
- The Air Guitar Incident: Summary
- Grumpy calf.
- Just when I think I can walk…
- Just because I can do it myself…
- The perils of being debilitated.