Hobbles up to front door of gym on crutches. Carrying gym bag.
Takes me a minute to wrestle the door open and get inside.
Walk up to receptionist 10 feet away, who greets me with, “I was going to open the door for you, but I didn’t want to offend you.”
I had no problem with that, but it does concern me when people are afraid to attempt an act of kindness out of fear of offense.
“Do not be afraid of doing good deeds. It is another name for happiness. I know well that good deeds lead to a ripening, a blossoming, which is pleasing, joyous and happy for a long time.” — Buddha
- The Air Guitar Incident: Part 1
- The Air Guitar Incident: Part 2
- “What happened?”
- Crutch guitar!
- The Air Guitar Incident: Summary
- Grumpy calf.
- Just when I think I can walk…
- The perils of being debilitated.
- Sometimes doors swing both ways.